Tuesday 27 July 2010

NEW SHOTS

Contrary to what I said in my last post, I find I did take a couple of photos I hadn't taken before. Well, one at least!

You see, I'm not sure whether or not I can count the following picture because I have - on several occasions - photographed the bell-tower of Emporios church. But the thing is, I have never previously done so when the sun was just in the right position to create a silhouette...

Bell-tower
However, this photo of a white-washed urn with grape vines is definitely new...

Grapes & Urn
In fact, the surprise of finding a subject not previously photographed was so great that, immediately afterwards, I had to go and have a long lie down under the tamarisk trees in order to recover! Oh, that I could do that now!

Incidentally, I'll leave you to make your own jokes about Greeks and urns...

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love the photos Brian!
Greeks & urns? The one that springs to mind is from the immortal M&W: "Tea urn?"
Well, I'm off to Canada in a few hours for a couple of weeks, so I won't be seeing you for a while!
wordcheck of the day: lestyl... yep that's me!

Brian Sibley said...

I was thinking of "What's a Greek Urn?" "Two-and-six a day!" Obviously this dates back to a time before they had the Euro! :0